Software cratfsmanship

Listening to the podcast seemed quite interesting to me because it touches different points that are important for software development. Like everything, following good programming practices will always help keep the code in good condition. In addition, the methodologies also help not only to have the code in good condition, they also improve the performance of the application and its quality.

Ever since I started working as a software developer and as a computer systems engineering student, I have constantly wondered how I could ensure the quality of my software. Because I work in a startup, all the code is developed by me and consequently I have to keep myself up to date on the techniques they used to better understand it and so that someone else is also able to understand it at their time. Clearly the idea is a bit hasty, but it allows me to see in what ways I could start to grow as a student and as a developer.

As Bob Martin mentions, what is sought when following certain work methodology is not only to improve the code but also to better understand the clients and their needs, as well as helping grow the community of professionals that are currently in the software industry . In addition to knowing the repercussions that can have in the code and being highly involved in the knowledge that one has of the platform, application or system.

Maybe in the future I would like to implement a couple of measures in the project that I am currently developing on a team of different programmers to observe the results that are obtained. The purpose would not only be to improve the efficiency with which the code is produced, but also to improve performance as a team, to have continuous improvements to the code and as a development team.




Markus (Host). (2009, November 30). Episode 150. Software Craftsmanship with Bob Martin [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from http://www.se-radio.net/2009/11/episode-150-software-craftsmanship-with-bob-martin/

GIF taken of Google

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Moon Machines: The Navigation Computer

Software Architecture